Sunday 15 August 2010

Project 300


Over the last few months I’ve been proactive on various freelance branding projects and really would like to produce more work in order to create a reputable portfolio.

Project 300 is an attempt to appeal to agencies who use graduate creative in an attempt to be accepted onto a portfolio crit. The idea is simple…it’s a self-set brief of mine that I’d like agencies to participate in. Basically, I ask that agencies submit a single creative brief to me (old or preferably live) and within the space of a single day, I will try to create 300 ideas for the brief in question.

That’s one idea every 4 minutes...

I will then post off all 300 ideas back to the agency. All briefs are of course kept confidential and no I will not demand any payment, just a portfolio viewing. What have agencies got to lose? Nothing, that’s what.

A project overview can be seen here.

The idea came about after watching the film 300 - except instead of hoards of Persians attacking…its other graduates attacking agencies. Like a self attributed creative Leonidas, I’ll struggle against the odds to produce work that will impress an agency enough for me to be considered for employment (or at the very least, a placement).

With my mighty yellow pencil and trusty sketchbooks, victory against tyranny and mysticism will be assured.


No comments:

Post a Comment